We address a number of needs and concerns but the main reason many of our clients seek us out is because our clinicians are Christian, and our clients would like to work with professionals who share their Christian worldview. At the same time, a large number of our clients are not Christian or religious but simply want to work with a trained professional, or would like to work with a clinician who appreciates a more spiritual frame of reference. We have formed long-term referral relationships with many GPs, lawyers, and disability management companies who value what we do as mental health professionals, with our Christian worldview being quite incidental or irrelevant to why they refer.
Within the context of our Christian faith, specializations and demographics served vary by the clinician but all of our clinicians work with common psychological conditions such as mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and stress. Your first step in locating a clinician is to determine the demographic groups our clinicians serve (children, adolescents, women, adults, etc.), then to read more about the clinicians and their clinical specializations in their biographies.
Children: Dr. Janelle Kwee, Ms. Sarah Huang, Ms. Kate Halvorson, and Dr. Alex Kwee (psychoeducational assessments only)
Adolescents: Dr. Alex Kwee (older adolescents), Dr. Janelle Kwee, Ms. Sarah Huang, and Ms. Kate Halvorson
Concerns Unique to Women: Dr. Janelle Kwee and Ms. Sarah Huang.
Adults: Dr. Alex Kwee, Dr. Janelle Kwee, Ms. Sarah Huang, and Ms. Kate Halvorson
Spanish-speaking clients: Dr. Janelle Kwee
Mandarin-speaking clients: Ms. Kate Halvorson
Autism Spectrum (including adults): Dr. Alex Kwee and Ms. Sarah Huang
Pastors, missionaries and other ministry professionals: We consider it our privilege to serve the Church and offer a 15% discount to those in full time ministry.
• Acceptance and Commitment Therapy – An evidence-based, experiential approach focused on acceptance of pain and commitment to a life of flourishing based on living out one’s most cherished values
• Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy – An evidence-based approach focused on reducing negative emotions by changing thoughts and interpretations, and by employing effective behaviours
• Existential Analysis and Logotherapy – A therapeutic approach that aims to help each person live with purpose, authenticity, and an inner “yes” to one’s life.
• Lifespan Integration Therapy – A therapy focused on healing trauma through the use of memory cues and timelines.
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing – A brain-based therapy focused on reducing trauma using the technique of bilateral stimulation (involving the eyes, but not necessarily) to access, reprocess, and neutralize traumatic memories.
• Observed and Experiential Integration – An EMDR-derivative which uses techniques involving the eyes to access and neutralize traumatic memories.
• Narrative Therapy – A therapeutic technique that helps clients to re-write their stories, in the past, present, and future. This involves weaving a new narrative around unchangeable facts of the past and present, helping the client to see new themes and perspectives and build towards a more positive future that is not dictated by old “plotlines”.
• Expressive Therapies (Art and Play) – Using mediums that are natural and playful, these therapies help children to express their emotions and find ways to deal creatively with challenges.
• Gottman Methods and Emotion-Focused Therapy – Evidence-based approaches for helping couples to work through conflict, improve communication, and build healthier and long-lasting relationships.
• Satir Family Therapy – A model of transformational change that interacts the intrapsychic (within the person) and interpersonal (between people and within systems) to effect positive change in both individuals and family systems.
Our team of Registered Psychologists also provides supervision, consultation, and training, including:
• Private practice consultation for other mental health professionals
• Consultation to health care providers and clergy
• Supervision groups